PRESENTATION TO QUESNEL AIR QUALITY ROUNDTABLE – May 2012
What’s been happening at WestPine in the last 12 months?
- Due to market conditions, WestPine has been running a reduced operating schedule.
- Continue to produce MDF with a non-formaldehyde resin.
- Optimize use of our sander dust Briquettor and manage our fuel consumption in order to minimize off site waste disposal.
- Continue our recycling program with Cariboo Pulp who consumes a portion of our sander dust bricks for energy.
- West Fraser sawmill has not stored logs at WestPine this year. This has reduced traffic on site and therefore reduced road dust. We also plan on the applying dust suppression this year. -AMP Recommendation 5.2.3.
- Will be doing our compliance particulate stack testing in June. -AMP Recommendation 5.2.2.
- Continue our dryer cyclone cleaning program.
- Monitor and maintain our dust abatement equipment. -AMP Recommendation 5.2.2.
- General spring clean up of our ditches and roof.
- Continue to maintain the roads. -AMP Recommendation 5.2.3.
- Keep our dust abatement equipment in peak efficiency.