Back Yard Burning
Air Aware Sign Up
Click here to register!
Quesnel Air Quality is monitored 7 days a week 24 hours a day
· Particulate Matter (P.M.) 2.5 is our main concern in Quesnel.
· P.M. comes from any combustion sources such as industry, vehicle emissions, woodstoves, yard waste burning, forest fires, land clearing using fire.
· In neighbourhoods outside of the airshed (see map) woodstoves, wood furnaces and yard burning are the biggest air quality health impacts.
· We have different pollutants here than they do in larger centres ( I can get more technical information for this point).
· Air Quality is getting better.