Airshed Management Planning in Quesnel is a process aimed at improving air quality. It is overseen by a multi-stakeholder committee and the goal is to tackle virtually all sources of air pollution from back yard residential burning to large industrial sources.
Air Aware Sign Up
Click here to register!
Quesnel Air Quality is monitored 7 days a week 24 hours a day
· Particulate Matter (P.M.) 2.5 is our main concern in Quesnel.
· P.M. comes from any combustion sources such as industry, vehicle emissions, woodstoves, yard waste burning, forest fires, land clearing using fire.
· In neighbourhoods outside of the airshed (see map) woodstoves, wood furnaces and yard burning are the biggest air quality health impacts.
· We have different pollutants here than they do in larger centres ( I can get more technical information for this point).
· Air Quality is getting better.